I serve this rice with my Cuban Black Beans. The sweet, savoury, spicy, and salty combination works really well.
Buy only regular rice versus the quick cook types. The rice steamers they now have available are very nice! But the old fashioned way of boiling water in a pot, add rice, lower heat and cover works just fine.
Pineapple Cilantro Rice
- 1.5 c Jasmine or Sushi Rice (flavorful white rice best)
- 3 c chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c diced fresh pineapple
- ½ c fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot with a lid.
- Add rice and stir.
- Lower heat to low to simmer and cover for about 20 minutes, or until the broth is gone and there are little holes in the rice where the steam escapes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Taste to add more salt or cilantro depending on taste.